Interviews: Looking Back Fifty Years
- Age/birth year:
- What is your background?
- Are you happy for us to use these answers in our report?
- What events have occurred (nationally or internationally) in your lifetime that you believe significantly influenced New Zealand?
- What events have occurred (nationally or internationally) in your lifetime that you believe significantly influenced you as a person and your decisions?
- What events have occurred (nationally or internationally) in your lifetime that may have not had large national impact, but stand out in your memory? Why do they stand out?
- What technological advancements stand out as particularly significant and why?
- What have been the most destructive events over your lifetime, be it natural disasters, violent events etc? Why?
- Over your lifetime what have been significant social concerns and how have they manifested themselves?
- Are there any periods of social concern or fear that in hindsight were unwarranted? (for instance the Y2K Bug or fear of alien invasion)
- What New Zealand political speeches, stances or actions stand out as having an impact on you or our country and why?
- In what way have the characteristics which shape and define New Zealand’s culture changed in your lifetime?
- What are your biggest concerns for the future of New Zealand and why?
- Is there anything you feel that has been left out of this interview that you would like to mention?