Last week we ran two TalentNZ sessions at the New Zealand Community Boards Conference in the Bay of Islands (15 and 16 May 2015). The theme of the Conference was ‘Influencing Change’, and it brought together local community board members, mayors, councillors, council staff and other persons interested in making a difference in their communities from throughout the country. Our session discussed the role of strategy and why a focus on creating a place where talent wants to live will deliver optimal outcomes for New Zealand. During the session we gave participants six worksheets to further develop their thinking around creating a talent-based economy in their communities. These were:
- Worksheet 1: Illustrate the difference between character, personality and practice
- Worksheet 2: Illustrate an understanding of the impact of health and medical advancements
- Worksheet 3: Illustrate an understanding of future studies
- Worksheet 4: Illustrate an understanding of the three components that bring about change and drive the system in which you operate
- Worksheet 5: Illustrate an understanding of the TalentNZ Ecosystem
- Worksheet 6: Design a TalentNZ strategy
These worksheets and the PowerPoint presentation from the session are available on our website. We were blown away by the passion and talent at this conference and decided to capture this by interviewing some of the attendees. Using these interviews we will prepare a 5-minute video showcasing New Zealand as a talent-based economy and take this to the World Futures Conference in San Francisco in July. This video will also be posted on our YouTube channel and on our McGuinness Institute and TalentNZ websites. Check out some of the photos from the conference below.
If you would like to receive the regular TalentNZ newsletter, please connect with TalentNZ. You can also subscribe to the more in-depth McGuinness Institute twice-yearly newsletter to learn about the Institute’s wider work programme. You can also subscribe to stay informed of the Institute’s upcoming events by joining our event mailing list here.