Each day of August, the Institute will feature one initiative from the TalentNZ Menu of Initiatives. The Menu showcases four integrated work-streams – grow, attract, retain and connect.
Today are showcasing ‘Attract 3. Attract international talent’. For examples of this initiative, please see the Menu of Initiatives website. If you know of an organisation or initiative that should be included as an example on the website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attract 3. Attract international talent
- Recognising that attracting international talent is not the same as filling the skill shortage listed by Immigration NZ (the jobs that remain vacant because we do not have skilled New Zealanders to fill those jobs).
- Attracting serial entrepreneurs, those that repeatedly start or invest in new businesses. Their experience, coupled with their success rate, make them an important part of any ecosystem.
- Attracting the experts, those that enable the serial entrepreneurs to implement their ideas. Their technical expertise or knowledge about global marketing are critical talents that will enhance the ecosystem.
- Looking for the benchmarks in international qualifications against New Zealand qualifications, so you know what talents you are being offered.
- Consider ways to strengthen economic and social development of member countries in the Asia-Pacific region, along the lines of the old Colombo Plan.
The Menu of Initiatives is part of our Project TalentNZ and focuses on how best to identify and distribute tools for councils, businesses and communities to design their own unique strategy for creating a talent-based economy. TalentNZ builds on Sir Paul Callaghan’s vision of making New Zealand ‘a place where talent wants to live’. Sir Paul outlined the reasons why his vision is important in a 20-minute video at the Institute’s StrategyNZ workshop in 2011. The focus of the Menu is on the ‘how’ – we are testing Sir Paul’s assumptions and exploring ways New Zealanders might turn this vision into a reality. To learn more about the TalentNZ project see www.talentnz.org.
Connect with TalentNZ
We want to build New Zealand’s talent-based economy. If you want to join us on this journey, please connect with TalentNZ. By connecting you will receive our monthly TalentNZ newsletter, which outlines recent developments, research and resources related to creating a talent-based economy, and which keeps you informed about upcoming TalentNZ events. Please also share this link with anyone you think may be interested.
Last Updated 4 years by admin