Exploring Talent, a precursor to TalentNZ, offers a brief overview of talent, synthesising current research and discussing ideas on how talent can be managed. From the research, author Gillian McCarthy drew seven big ideas through which talent might be viewed and optimised:
- Introverts are talented too.
- Mix it up: quiet and loud spaces are the order of the day.
- Don’t tell talented people they are smart.
- Embrace an ‘easy come, easy go’ mentality.
- Erase ‘try’ from your vocab; practice makes perfect.
- Don’t think hierarchy, think mana.
- Get enough sleep; tired people are not talented.
To learn more about these ideas, you can read the the working paper here.
Last Updated 4 years by admin